NEVER EASY IN WONDERLAND, PROTOTYPING AT ITS PEAK

The deliverables we had promised during the presentation the week before served as the foundation for our prototype this week. The training kit's deliverables included a functioning power supply system, a functioning video system, and a fully constructed wooden housing. They were required to provide a circuit design for the vein finder, an operational image processing system, and a 3D model of the device. Deliverables for neonatal monitors have to include a comprehensive circuit design and sensor capabilities for sensing neonatal parameters.


We came together as a group on Monday to split the work equally among ourselves in order to complete it more quickly and effectively. I was given the responsibility of working on the image processing, power supply system, and display system for the vein finder, the Laparoscopic Training Kits and neonatal monitor respectively. Therefore, I started by looking for all the displays in the design studio that could be utilized to monitor neonate respiration and temperature. I discovered one which was an e-paper display,unfortunately it wasn't working because it wanted some libraries of which we did not manage to acquire one.later i tried to use i2c display which finally met my needs., two different types of force sensors, and an EMG sensor. I began by focusing on the i2c display. In order to use this display to monitor respiration rate, I first had to review my studies.


I started the image processing testing on Tuesday.. Then, Brenald assisted me in getting it working by identifying the cause of the errors. I ended up trying to make things operate properly all day.


I began repairing the laparoscopic training kit power supply circuit on Wednesday morning. For this, I tried to create a battery-powered circuit. I carried on working on the image processing in the afternoon.


I worked on the display system on Thursday morning and created a code to convert its values to respiratory rate. The display eventually functioned to detect respiration rate after several bugs in the programming were fixed by our TA Brenald. I then made the decision to get together with my group mates in the afternoon to combine all of the work we had completed separately. We Complete projects were created by connecting all the circuits. Naturally, the sensors in the newborn monitor circuit started picking up noise, and we also ran into problems with the microcontroller's image processing for the vein finder.


Finally, on Friday, we collaborated to make sure that every circuit was operational. Our sensors began reading the correct values after we changed our resistor and added a capacitor to our circuit. We then set up our camera and display for the laparoscopic training kit and got it to function. Additionally, we made a cardboard model that contained all of the vein finder's components and was functional. We then held presentations on each of our three prototypes in the afternoon and added new deliverables for the following week.


0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

The week began with the group's Wednesday deliverables being evaluated. I then started working on the vein finder's image processing, and with the assistance of my coworker Innocent Samuel, I was able

A group meeting was held at the start of the week to go over the projects we would be working on and the priorities for the presentations the following day. The main work on this day included the IOT