The problem-solving journey

The second week got off to a hectic start. We started the week by learning how to define the problem space by conducting research utilizing the four problem space criteria of problem background, exploration of existing solutions, what governs the problem, and finally, the business perspective. On the same day and the following day, we performed various tasks to reinforce what we had learned. We held a workshop with Mr Million Mafuta later that week, on Wednesday, where he led us through the process of identifying needs and project scoping. The workshop was a lot of fun, especially because we learned how to discover difficulties by observing and interviewing people to come up with a need for a situation.

Our group had another thrilling encounter the next day when we met Prince Mtenthaonga, an epidemiologist with Rice360 and KUHES. We had a blast connecting with him and interviewing him. He brought to our attention a number of issues with our projects and assisted us in determining the best course of action for them. We finished the week by conducting actual research in order to create the Design Context Review document and our team's Work Reference document In preparation for the following week's presentation.

To summarize, the week was an eye-opening experience that taught me valuable lessons about examining problems before attempting to solve them. Next week appears to be only a day away since it appears to be so engrossing.


0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

The last week finally started. This week, the major feelings experienced were pressure to deliver final working prototypes, relief that the internship was coming to a conclusion, and exhilaration. The

Although testing was supposed to be the focus of the week, week eleven started out unexpectedly with us having to work on prototyping for our Wednesday deliverables. I spent the majority of this week

We are now in the ninth week of the internship, and as the title suggests, we had to go back and redo some of the projects we completed to ensure that they met the expectations of possible investors.